Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Subtle Patriotic Quilt

Quilted in Stars & Loops Meander (freehand)



Is anybody else panicking about hitting mid-July?? In the midst of a quilting session yesterday, I was struck   **as in panicked**   that we'd hit the middle of July, and I've yet to begin planning for Morgan's senior year!! 

Okay, that's a slight exaggeration. We've been talking about what she'll work on next year since the middle of last year, so I've done some mental preparation & I have most of the books, etc., we'll be needing as well. 

No, I'm talking about the physical act of sitting with each subject, each book, and devising a plan of attack. Sure she can DO most of the work on her own at this point, but she needs direction; there needs to be a basic plan of how each book/curriculum works. So that's what I'm supposed to be working on. For some of them I need to plot out those plans in some typed or written form. Things are omitted & extra things are added. Others require study guides to be worked up. But I think there's a book or two that she can just work in order without too much prep work from me. 

I wrote this to my best friend this morning: 

Summers are never the relaxing span of freedom in time & space that we hope for. I think something is ingrained in our brains that equates summer with blissful leisure that's left over from our childhoods. Only problem being that once we hit adulthood, that flies right out the window!!!

Perhaps I can just choose to see my summer as half full instead!? 

Happy Hump Day :)

2 comments:

  1. HA! I just read that paragraph two seconds ago. I think we do look at summers as being the carefree fun of no school when we were kids. And even though I'm a teacher, my summer isn't as carefree at all. Between going into school about weekly AND attending graduate school.... there is never any free time! At least not like I think there should be. But tomorrow is the York Quilt Guild. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and the quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete