Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quilt Hangers

I'm so excited about my new quilt hangers, I just had to share! My BFF has been talking them up forever & I finally managed to snag a set for my birthday. I'm looking forward to hanging & making-to-hang small quilts that I can change out seasonally at whim.

Obviously, these are made to hold the smaller variety of quilt. 


They have a couple cool features: 

To begin with, they're very easy to hang. They come with predrilled holes through which you can hammer a nail. Or you can do as my BFF did, and I followed suit, and that is to use 3M Command Brand small Poster Strips. They claim to provide a damage-free stick (keep the instructions!) that "holds strongly & removes cleanly", in case you're neurotic like me about pounding holes into your walls.

The second feature that most quilters will appreciate is that they require no "hanging pocket" to be made and/or sewn into the binding of your quilt & then also tacked down by hand. Although I want to take the time & attention each project needs to looks it's best, I also really love a shortcut! 

Here's a close-up so you get a better idea of how they work:


After unscrewing the gold screw, slip the quilt edge under the wooden lip, position, and tighten the screw. 

Mine were bought on Amazon, which shows the hangers in walnut & ash. I checked the supplier's website, Alice in Stitches, and there are two different sizes, as well as painted black or white hangers available. The website suggests you could hang any size quilt with them so long as you had a hanger every 12-18". 

I'm not affiliated with this product in any way and am sharing solely for the purpose of giving a review on something I've found very useful!

Happy Slow Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment